- Psychotherapy, sex therapy, and gender therapy
- Educational presentations
how to work with these in the psychotherapy process
- Clinical supervision
- Consultation services
Individual psychotherapy is available for individuals struggling with:
- Substance related disorders
- Impulse control disorders
- Domestic violence
- Sexual trauma
- Sex therapy
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Reality Based, and Person Centered Treatments are utilized to help individuals heal and improve their quality of life.
When working with individuals that experienced sexual trauma, domestic violence, and bullying, the focus is on helping them perceive themselves as survivors rather than victims.
- As a sex therapist, I specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunctions.
- Sensitive and empathic interventions with individuals dealing with issues around sexual orientation is one of my areas of specialty. Therapy focuses on acceptance of sexual identity, coping with stigma, development of a support system, and exploration and acknowledgment of ideals and values.
- Gender identity issues are also addressed in my clinical practice. I work with transgender and other gender variant individuals to accept and promote healthy gender expression. Gender transition related services, including referrals for hormone therapy and sex confirmation surgery (if applicable), are offered. Interventions with this population focus on promoting self esteem and well being.
- I am also a polyamory-aware professional with a positive perspective on multiple relationships.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) and culturally sensitive interventions are provided.